it is our great pleasure to invite you to submit a proposal for the conference:
“Identity, Culture and Law”
to be held on 24-25 September 2019
at the NOVA Law School, NOVA University of Lisbon
This conference aims at bringing together scientists of different research fields from the social, human and medical sciences, along with representatives of various civil associations, sharing a common interest in classic and contemporary issues of identity and culture, as well as the role of law in dealing with these issues.
We highly welcome contributions covering the following topics:
- Individual and social aspects of the psychological construction of identity;
- Foreigners, refugees, immigrants, stateless persons, displaced persons, minorities, “groups”
- Forms of invisibility, discrimination, persecution and violence against “groups”
- Theories on interculturality, multiculturality, cultural transfer, translation, gender etc.
- Principles and systems for the protection of fundamental rights and human rights (at national, regional and universal levels) in face of these issues.
Please submit your proposal here:
Or send us (email@example.com) an abstract of 300 words for a 30-minutes presentation by 10 August 2019. Please also indicate your name, institution and position. A list of the accepted proposals will be posted on the conference website by 15 August 2019.
For further details please visit the conference website:
This conference is financed by national funds through the FCT – Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P. (Foundation for Science and Technology, Public Institution, Portugal) within the project Cosmopolitanism: Justice, Democracy and Citizenship without Borders - PTDC/FER-FIL/30686/2017.
This event endorses and promotes the UN Sustainable Development Goals by raising awareness and reflexivity and by advancing a vision of a just world. Particularly the following goals are envisaged: Goal 1: End poverty in all its forms everywhere; Goal 10: Reduce inequality within and among countries; Goal 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts; Goal 16: Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels; Goal 17: Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
We are looking forward to welcoming you at the conference!
The organizing committee